Why strengthen window profiles?
- PVC is a material with an elasticity module 80 times lower than steel and 23 times lower than aluminium. The lack of stiffness makes a window that is not adequately reinforced, deformable above a certain size, with a consequent loss of performance.
- Coloured PVC profiles, when subjected to a high insolation, dilate and lose stiffness.
- Improving opening manoeuvres, durability and control dimensional changes.
- Improving mechanical stability according to the weight of the glazing, impact resistance and anti-burglary devices.
The limits of steel reinforcements
This has been the standard reinforcement material for more than 30 years, but it transmits both cold and heat, creating a thermal bridge and decreasing the thermal performance of the window.
Why the continuous glass fibre in the doors?
It is the only material able to fully replace steel reinforcement.
Why an 82 mm door?
The combination “rigid PVC + continuous glass fibre + 82 mm depth” integrates in the multi-component profile the function of traditional steel reinforcement.
- The integration of continuous glass fibre inside the walls of the profile, provides the inertia necessary for the complete removal of the steel reinforcement. The more the glass fibre moves away from the neutral axis of the profile’s section, the better the inertia.
- The secondary, but not less important effect is that this way the outer walls become less sensitive to temperature changes.
- The right compromise between the quantity and positioning of continuous fibreglass and the geometry of the profile, eliminate the need for the traditional reinforcement.
- The enlargement of the door allows using glass up to 54 mm thick (possibility of highly insulating triple glazing).
- 6 insulating chambers
- integrated drainage
- profiles compatible with the entire range
- a glass space allowing structural bonding
Why a frame with a thermal reinforcement?
- In the frame, the thermal reinforcement provides the necessary stiffness to the profile and greatly improves thermal performance.
- The steel cables, positioned at the four corners of the reinforcement, optimise stiffness eliminating any thermal bridge.
Main sections of NEOPLUS